If you are having issues with the GPS searches or accidentally selected ‘Don’t Allow’ Location Services when you first installed the application, please follow the steps below to check or turn on your GPS services.
For iOS users (iPhones or iPads):
- From your device's home screen, open the Settings app.
- Tap the Privacy menu option.
- Tap Location Services. For some iPhones, you may see Location Services on the main menu under Settings you will not need to go to the Privacy menu.
- At the top of the Location Services menu, you will see a switch for Location Services at the top of your screen. If the switch is to the left and not turned ON, tap the switch to turn the GPS feature ON and to the right your device.
- Then scroll down the applications list to look for your app. Switch the Location Services ON for your app if it isn’t already turned on. This will enable the GPS feature to work for you app. If you do not see your app in the list, this means your app's GPS feature will be on when you turn Location Services on for your device and are using your app.
For Android users:
- From your Home screen, tap the Apps menu.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and tap Location. If you don't see Location on your Settings menu, look for Privacy & Safety. On some versions, Location is listed under this option
- If the switch is off and to the left, tap the Location switch to the on position. This will turn the GPS feature on for your app when you use it.