Your App Code is a combination of letters, numbers or both that your account manager will help you set up after you sign up for your app. Often times there is a prefix that you must use depending on the company/MLS you belong to. Once your account manager follows up and your app is live, they will send you your launch email that includes this information.
Your App Code and URL are what clients would need to download and use your branded app. Your app code forms part of your Mobile Engagement Page URL. Your mobile engagement page provides a one-click link that allows anyone to download your app from any mobile device, tablet or computer. Anyone who texts your app code to 87778 will get a text back with a link to download the app.
Here is an example of a Mobile Engagement Page belonging to David Hitt of Keller Williams:
We are able to access this page through David's unique URL: http://app.kw.com/KW2BK04YG that he can provide to his clients as well as friends and family.
Clicking on the 'Download Now' link on the Mobile Engagement Page would take us to the Keller Williams app in the app store and when we download it, the app would automatically brand to David Hitt. This process is shown below:
1. Click on the 'Download Now' link on the Mobile Engagement Page
2. You will be taken to the app store.
3. Download the app and when you open it, it should be branded to you aka the individual agent the unique URL is associated with. It should also give your clients the option to directly contact you through the app.
The last part of David's URL is his app code i.e. KW2BK04YG
If someone were to text that code to 87778, they would get a text back with a link to David's Mobile Engagement Page where they could directly download his app as shown above.
Here is an example of how the App Code can be used to download and share your app:
1. Text your App Code to 87778. Here we will use David's code once again.
2. You will receive a text back containing a unique URL.
3. Click on the URL and you will be taken to your Mobile Engagement Page.
4. Follow the same steps as above to download the app. Let clients know how easy the whole process is!
The app in the store.
5. Download the app and when it opens it should be branded to you aka the individual agent the unique URL is associated with.